21 October 2010

Entries invited for Footbridge Awards 2011

Entries for the 2011 Footbridge Awards have been invited by Bridge design & engineering magazine.

Bridges opened to the public during 2008, 2009 or 2010 are eligible. Entries must be submitted by 21 January 2011. The winners will be announced on 7 July 2011 at the Footbridge 2011 conference. The full entry form is available online.

Astoundingly, the Happy Pontist isn't one of the judges. If I were, who would I be voting for? My shortlist might include:
Out of that lot, the question would be which bridges don't merit an award, not which ones do!

I am open to further suggestions. What have I forgotten (probably plenty!) Which footbridges do you think should be up for these Awards? Should your bridge be on the list?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think Christian Menn's footbridge at Princeton would also be a tough competitor

The Happy Pontist said...

Yes, it's one of Menn's best bridges. No doubt only one of many that I have forgotten!