So, this is what is coming soon (time permitting, and in no particular order):
- Golden Jubilee Footbridges, Hungerford, London
- Millennium Bridge, Bankside, London
- Xstrata Treetop Walkway, Kew Gardens, London
- Sackler Crossing, Kew Gardens, London
- A review of Failed Bridges, by Joachim Scheer
- A review of Thomas Bouch: The Builder of the Tay Bridge, by John Rapley
- The opening of the Te Rewa Rewa Bridge, New Zealand (see videos at vimeo.com)
I'm also considering a series of posts on books about the bridges of Britain (by Jervoise, Wood, de Maré, Wright, Richards and possibly others), and how they reflect changing cultural attitudes to pontism.
Also, if you think I'm missing out on bridge news worth reporting here, please let me know!